Aleut Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aleut Management Services
This position will be located at an onsite laboratory at a major remediation site in Ohio. This position is responsible for following routine protocols under close supervision of a senior technician or chemist, perform laboratory tests utilizing GCMS and/or ICPMS, requisite lab equipment and instruments, making minor adjustments as required. Typically works with environmental and/or radioactive materials. Responsible for laboratory maintenance and preparing solutions.
Associates degree or equivalent in Chemistry or technical science specialty. Six (6) months of experience in a laboratory setting performing similar duties, or an equivalent combination in which one year of additional experience may be substituted for one year of college education.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two (2) years laboratory experience.
- Must have a working knowledge in physical or biological sciences achieved through undergraduate studies and/or laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated experience using a GC/MS, ICP-MS, mercury analyzers, and/or Ion Chromatograph, as well as sample preparation and concentration.
- Previous method development and validation of existing methods.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemicals hazards and safety equipment used in laboratory.
- Basic understanding of good laboratory practices.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to explain laboratory procedures. Ability to use routine lab support equipment, such as programmable glassware washers, storage incubators and pH meters.
- Ability to learn and understand routine lab techniques, procedures and protocols including pipetting, chemical disposal, and glassware cleaning.
- Ability to accurately document and maintain records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with laboratory and other personnel.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to pass OSHA HAZWOPER physical and use proper respiratory equipment.
- Ability to pass random drug screens.
- Must be available for standby assignments and work scheduled off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
- Must occasionally be available for additional work hours.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to travel as required.
Demonstrated experience using GCMS and/or ICPMS. Technical knowledge of physical science gained through college level class work or an internship.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately perform laboratory tests by standardized methods for organic/inorganic chemistry.
- Perform independent method development as warranted.
- Perform laboratory tests and/or experiments which may include various assays.
- Operate requisite laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Accurately record data.
- Maintain and make minor adjustments to equipment.
- Use universal safety precautions to protect self and co-workers from radioactive materials.
- Comply with all safety standards through proper handling of potentially hazardous chemical and radiological agents and/or biological sources in the workplace.
- Complete annual training, as appropriate.
- Prepare solutions, reagents, and standards following specified laboratory procedures.
- Uses appropriate techniques to avoid contaminating lab and client samples.
- Prepare, clean and maintain laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments used in radiochemical testing.
- Monitor inventory levels, order materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstration of Capability for a minimum of 3 laboratory procedures.